with susanne grant
What I absolutely love about Hypnobirthing is that it gives your partner handy and easy tools to assist you and your baby in having a great birthing experience. During the course he will learn hands-on how to do this effectively. This way is a great approach for most men as they learn differently compared to us women, simply just because our brains are wired differently (and we love them for it!). From massage techniques to pressure points for pain relief, dad (or anyone else for that matter) will know it all and if necessary he can instruct the caregivers around you as well.
Birth can be an empowering experience, when we all work together to achieve the best possible outcome for mum and baby (/babies). Feeling support during your pregnancy and birth is one of the MOST IMPORTANT factors on whether you will feel positive or negative after you have giving birth.
Your birthing partner (husband, friend, mum etc) can play a powerful role as well. I personally love showing my clients this video from mum and dad working together to achieve a gentle birth.
To summarise, your birth partner can do the following:
- Provide a safe and calm space for you to give birth in
- Protect your space
- Ensure your birth plan is followed
- Help you eat and drink on time (as time flies by when you are birthing)
- Affirmations to stay calm
- Massages for pain relief
- Pressure points techniques for pain relief
- Relaxing techniques to stay calm
- Breathing techniques to optimise your body's birthing capacities
- Birthing positions - some require support from a second person
- Talk to the medical staff and ask questions to make sure you can make informed decisions according BRAIN
Petrified about giving birth?
Divine woman, you deserve a calm and confident birthing experience.
I look forward for you to get my FREE healing relaxation meditation to download and listen to, to bring you home to a deep sense of peace, trust and connection with yourself, your baby and your body.
The Birthing Goddess meditation is full of powerful affirmations and divine healing downloads to help you release the inner fear of birthing.
It’s my gift to you because the fear you might be feeling can be overwhelming and I don’t want you to feel that way along longer.
Sign up here if you’re ready to birth with confidence and without fear.
Let’s get you feeling excited, prepared and deeply supported
Love, Susanne xo
Hypnobirthing Healing Queen.